Monday, April 7, 2008

Midpoint Reflection Questions

How has the internship been the same as and/or different than your expectations?
-The internship has been different from what i expected,because i never thought i would have worked harder and harder everyday.I never had an internship before, so i never knew how hard and challenging it was.The work is increasing every single day and i never expected that.But one thing i know is that you never learn something if you don't try.

What is similar and different about the culture of the school environment versus the workplace environment? What new skills have you learned that apply to the workplace?
-The difference between the culture of the school environment and my workplace' is first of all,the location.My internship is located in a place full of animation and ambition.Plus, i get to meet new people everyday, which is different from school.I've learned a lot of experience that i wouldn't probably have if i was still at school(no offense).The purpose of the internship is to meet the outside world and to get a whole lot of it.Althought,these two places might be a little bit different from each other, they still share some similarities.We can learned a lot from these places...

What kind of relationship do you have with your mentor and co-workers? How have you grown as a result of interacting with professional adults?
-My mentor is a very friendly person. At first, i felt shy and uncomfortable talking to him.But i've come to realize that when you don't get interacted with other people, you can't get to know them and they can't also get to know you.My mentor and co-workers have helped me overcome my fear.I'd have to say that interacting with these professional adults(mentor and co-workers)has improved my communication skills.Working with adults is at the time challenging and interesting, because you learn a lot from what they're doing and it's really helpful.


What challenges at the internship have you faced that you have overcome and how did you overcome them?
-The main challenge i've faced at my internship is "the communication over the phone".I had a BIG problem communicating with people(outsiders), because i didn't know what to say at the beginning,and i was scared to make mistakes.But with kindness and simplicity, my mentor taught me the best way of answering the phone.I had to practice a couple of times before getting used to it.And thank GOODNESS,I've succeeded it and here i am today,working in an office and answering phone calls like a professional.

What challenges have you faced in school as a result of the altered schedule and how are you handling them?
-No challenges so far, except for the homework.Sometimes,it's hard for me to do the homework when i come back from the internship, because feel tired and lazy.But i know it's for my own good and that my teachers are preparing me for college,that's why i always do my work...

What goals are you working to accomplish during the remainder of the internship?
-My goals for the internship is to get an experience of the work i'm doing,learn from professionals and meet new people.I'm trying as hard as i can to make my way through...

What new things have you learned about New York City?
-Nothing new, but i went to some places in New York City,where i've never been before and i found it interesting.For instance, this was my first time being in my internship neighborhood.I've never been there before.New York City is really BIG, and there is a lot to learn about it.

1 comment:

Mr. Andrew said...

This is a great post. Full of detail and self reflection. -AS-