Sunday, March 2, 2008

End of the first week Assignment

Please describe your internship site by answering the following questions...


What is it?
My interneship is called "NYU Cancer Institute".

What kind of business is it and what kind of work do the professionals do there?
The NYU Cancer Institute is specialized in doing researches about diffrent types of cancer/program.They're also involved in patients'health care.

Where is it?
It is located on 215 Lexington Avenue, New York Ny 10016, 15th floor. Take the 6 train(uptown)to 33rd street.

Tell a little about your mentor.
My mentor's name is Claudia Ayash and she is very sympathetic. She does the best she can to help me through everything;and so far, she has been great!!!!

What happened on the first day?
On the first day of my internship,I basically didn't do any work at all.I only had to go to the NYU Employment Services for a medical examination. But before that,I took two short quizzes on the NYU Medical Center Infection Surveillance Department, and the NYU Center Fire Emergency Procedures and Fire Extinguisher Use.

What kinds things have you done so far?
So far,I've helped analyze/observe some informations about patients,and recorded the data onto the computer. I' m still working on it because it takes a lot of time and concentration.

What were some of the highlights of the first week? (Memorable moments, cool things...)
Some of the highlights of the first week was when I assisted a program(on tuesday from 4:30pm to 6:00pm),where a lot of doctors and nurses shared their work and experiences with us.This program was offered to any volunteer of the NYU Medical Center. It was really fun!!!


Please answer some logistical questions...

When do you leave school?
I leave school around 11:45am, after eating a quick lunch in the school cafeteria.

How long does it take you to get to your internship?
It only takes me 30-40mns(depending on the train) to get to my internship site, because I only have to take the L train to 14th street Union Square(which only takes me 25mns), then transfer to the 6 train to get off at 33rd street(the 3rd stop after 28th st).

When do you arrive at home?
It depends on my schedule.For example:On Monday,Wednesday, and Thursday,I finish at 4:00pm;so I can arrive home around 5:00pm. But on Tuesdays,I finish at 6:00pm because of the program.So get home by 7:00pm.

What is your schedule? (What days do you work and for how long each day?)
I work four days a week. On Monday,Wednesday,and Thursday,I work from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. On Tuesday,I work from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.

Who are the two people that can sign your time card? (Your mentor and the additional person)
The only two people that can sign my time card are my mentor claudia Ayash and her co-worker Danielle. Ms Danielle only signs my card when Claudia is not there.



At this point, do you have any other questions, comments, concerns, queries, or inquiries?
NO!Everything is fine with me...

3 comments:

Mr. Andrew said...

Nafi, it sounds like you are enjoying your intership site. Glad to hear there have been some fun things and challenging tasks.

Next time, please post a comment on my blog indicating you have completed the assignment. -AS-

Katrina L said...

Hey Nafi!
u r cathing up right now, huh?lol
I'm glad for all of ur hard works!
keep it up!!

kermide said...

hey nafi I 'am glad you enyoy you internship that much.